Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011

After just about a year long break, I am on my way back to the never ending inspiration, fresh creativity, laughter, support, shared passion and the beauty that never ends in the hearts of those who choose to go through this life searching for inspiration and daring to be brave enough to live creatively.

I do not like to lay out distinct resolutions at the beginning of each year. I take each new year as an opportunity to evaluate where my priorities have been the past year, and if any adjustments need to be made, I make them. (which is always the case, by the way.) This year has been a doozie! After many life altering moments and circumstances, I can honestly say that I love 2010 for all of the challenges, amazing memories, and fun times, but I was more than ready to welcome 2011 in. Upon my reflecting, It was quite obvious that there's just something that isn't the same as far as my creative outlets go. I design now for a living, but something was still definitely missing. I don't think that the one thing missing can be narrowed down to a blog, but I do think that it has been my long lost presence in the creativity realm. The past year has been so busy and so full of earth shaking... and some earth-shattering circumstances, that my energy levels have been completely focused on our new life in texas, my husband, my son, and my overall health. Sometimes you just have to put everything aside (even the "good" things that you like) so that you can focus on the things that matter most in life. I hope that as time progresses and I continue to find freedom and peace, I will have stories of triumph and personal victories to share, but for now I am just happy to be easing myself back into the mindset of aiming to inspire. I am not too sure exactly what it will look like, or how it will all play out, but I am sure that I am so ready to dive back into this world of unbelievable beauty that you all have helped create here on the world wide web.



My priorities for 2011 are quite simple, but all carry deep significance for me.

1. Maximize mornings.

This is something that I am not good at, have never been good at, and although I will probably never achieve to be a morning person, I can at least make the best of them. Here is just a little taste of what mornings look like for me...


...not so pretty, eh?!

2. Blog regularly. Find healthy creative outlets.

...workin' on it!

3. Focus on having a healthier view of food and eating.

This is something that can consume me if I let it. It's a struggle to have a healthy balance.

4. Purge the house. Get organized. Everything has to have a place.

Even if it looks like this... I'm totally OK with that!


5. Make a workspace in the new house and make things!

...this goes hand in hand with #2, but it's important enough for me to make it a stand alone priority. Maybe a future Etsy shop is on the horizon?!

6. Wear/buy brighter colors

I've had many requests lately to do a blog about my outfits and wardrobe. I'm loving the idea... but I've got to get out of the black and gray rut! As you can see I've already started working on it.... and future pictures will not just be of my shoes, by the way! =)



7. Settle into who I am and aspire to be and more importantly who God wants me to be, so I can stop worrying so much about my own aspirations. (Don't you just love how that works hand in hand?)

Happy 2011 everyone!

I will be seeing you on here much more often.


1 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay! Welcome back! :)
This is great news!!!